Monday, March 12, 2012

Humiliation Eh?

The emergence of my own awareness has allowed me retrospection of past events that induced my feelings of embarrassment or humiliation – that feeling of being ‘less than’.

The fact that such feeling can trigger physical response of flushed face, quaking nervous system and the sweat factor is evidence of just how much I allowed it to affect me and how it made my feelings tangible.

The fact is that I judged and reduced myself because of someone else’s judgment of me.

Well – what is up with that?

In its very simplicity I willingly gave my power to someone else. I allowed their perspective of me in that moment, affect who I was. And I altered myself based on that.

As a human, I always seemed to be striving to be someone for some one else, to act accordingly and be validated and well, liked by others – even though, it may not have been who I wanted or knew myself to be.

That concept, that response, that action drained my Power supply.

Or so it seemed.

The remedy, the healing, the restored Power comes from one source and only one source.

Me.

How?

Via a simple choice to shift a belief structure that I must adapt to the judgment of others - to one of knowing that who I am in any moment is O.K.

No comments: