Thursday, May 28, 2009

Patience

Having just returned to work from a two week vacation, I observed how I felt after my first day back and realized why I seem to crawl into holidays, wiped out and flat. I spent part of my time off reading a wonderful book called 'The Way of the Peaceful Warrior' by Dan Millman. The words he wrote really resonated with me and I found his subtle suggestions, through the story telling, fairly easy to manifest into my own life….while I was off.

First day back…from zero to warp speed; by day two, wondering what happened…

It is so easy to flip the AutoPilot switch without a second thought and get right back on the Workhorse Racetrack. The questions: Do I want to change? What kind of existence do I choose for myself ?

This awareness of my behaviour surfaced very quickly and I appreciate that. I am shifting.

Now, what do I choose ?

Patience.

This single word, as a verb, can change the course of existence. When choosing patience, awareness shifts to the perspective that time is only an illusion thereby wandering into the Limitless realm. You literally feel like you have all the time in the world. When patient, we are living in the moment, have all that is needed and have created an environment flooded with calm energy that has the ability to envigorate all.

The key: Slow Down. Life does not HAVE to fly by.

No comments: