Monday, April 20, 2009

An Ounce of Prevention ...

It is the concept of ‘prevention’ that I choose to explore, the basis of the pharmaceutical company's 'belief' structure.

Some people take aspirin to prevent strokes, to prevent heart attacks; they take prescriptions and vitamins to ‘prevent’ illness, disease.

The concept of prevention is based on a belief structure that you must ‘prevent’ ill health because eventually, you will have ill health.

Says who ?

My body is whole and sufficient. Comprised of teams of cells constantly balancing the teeter totter of my physicality, it responds to environment, my fuel and hydration choices as well as emotional and spiritual triggers in each and every moment. It does so that I can.

That 'ounce of prevention' has shifted to a continuum of Support.

Jen

No comments: